Friday, January 31, 2014

Elder Jones Learns About How Other People Live

Hey! We have like zero time to write here, but we do get a little English out of our teachers. We go to the temple every Tuesday. The food is good but tastes so much different than American food. I love the Granadillas. The CCM is Centro Capactacion Misional or something like that. I miss the cold. We went tracting on Saturday in Lima North. We went to the houses on the hill and they are so poor. We went to one ladies house, Hermana Florencia, and she seriously had 3 chairs, a sheet of 4x8 dimond plate, a bunch of junk and garbage and a roof only half of her house. there were flies everywhere and obviously only a dirt floor. I cant even describe it. Lima is a crazy place. Im learning about the gift of tounges though because when we went prosilitizing we went with some less active guys our age (I had a latino companion Elder Quipo who was the bomb!!!) and one of the less actives was my gift of toungs because he spoke a little english and told me what was going on in the lessons. We went to another home and there were some cute little boys and I loved them!!! I could talk to them and they could talk to me because it was simple Spanish!! It's hard work being a missionary, sitting down all day, being with someone 24/7 but it's all worth it. I love you all!! Keep up the good work! I'm running out of time... I miss the snow and cold because its like 90 degrees here right now and humid haha. Spanish is coming along too! Love you!
Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment