Monday, June 30, 2014

Hey!!
It sounds like things are super good in ol' Wyoming! Man it really is super weird for me to think about Brad getting married, but I can accept it because that's what I'm going to do when I get home haha! Brad sent me some pictures of Wyoming and I miss Wyoming so much haha. He also sent me som pictures of his work and his adventures with Ken and Tyler and Michael and ahhh how I miss motorcycles and being a person sometimes haha. That's super cool that Sheri and Larry are listening to the missionaries!! I hope that in some small way I helped but I know it's not me, it's simply that the Lord has plans for everybody and this was obviously the time to touch their hearts! Super Cool!!

This week for me was good! On Monday we went to Matucana which is up in the mountains and super pretty! It's not like a jungle or anything but there is grass and there are a couple waterfalls that are really pretty! Man it was super awesome! We hiked up to this waterfall for about an hour and it was tough because it is high elevation and I'm not used to hiking! But I thing the coolest part is that when we got to matucana I saw COWS!!! For the first time on my mission I sas Cows! There are little patches of grass that they feed on in these crazy steep hills and there are little "herders" more or less, that watch over them! It's sweet!
Tuesday was good as well! I believe that most of our lessons fell through but that is normal. I can't remember anything super exciting that happened this week but on Saturday I went on a division with Elder Fernandez, the companion of Elder Rasmussen, which was cool but not a whole lot of fun because we only taught 2 lessons and walked like 20 miles, haha, not really, but we walked a ton, probably like 10 miles...it was rough. The news for this week is that tomorrow is cambios or transfers and I believe for real that I will be leaving this area and will be getting a new companion because I've been in this area longer than normal. It will be interesting to see where I go and who is my new companion! Lately Elder De Paz has been trying my patience quite a bit because he has an attitude a little different and will not talk when he is upset or if something annoys him so a change will be good but it hasn't been bad.
This week I've been reading in the conference Liahona, which has been Sweet! I'm reading to improve my Spanish as well as receive guidance and feel the spirit and while I've been reading there are lots of things that have caught my attention about families. There is one talk given that focuses on the importance of family prayer, scripture study, and family home evening and I know that honestly these things are simple things that don't take much time and not a whole lot of sacrifice but in the long run will bring huge blessings!!! I also know that this is one thing that I say everyweek but it's because it will help strenghten everyone and help bring peace in homes and tons of other blessings!
The other thing that caught my attention in the talks given was about patience. I know that I need more patience in my trials because I have pleanty of them and that I am learning this attribute. I know that each one of us need to develop more patience! Thnks for all the support!! Thanks for the love! I know this Church is True! I know that the Scriptures Help Me Everyday! I love you all!
Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment