Monday, June 30, 2014

Hey!
Well it finally happened! I finally got sent to a new area and got a new companion! I got transfered out of Chosica to Campoy which is pretty much in Lima. It is flat here which is a good change but this week my legs have been more tired than ever and I don't know why. The war I am in is called Mangomarca (you can google maps it if you want). My area is really small but because of that we walk a lot I think. IN my other area we planned our lessons around where the people were according to distance but here we have one lesson at one boundry of the area and another lesson at the other boundry... basically we just walk from one side of the area to the other all day long. This ward is much richer than the other ward! There are actually people in this ward with Cars!! Crazy huh! Basically every house has a computer with interenet! It's a pretty cool area! The one problem with teh area is that we don't have a single investigator with a baptismal date... We don't have any invistigators progressing either... but the good thing is that we found a few new investigators this week that have a chance of progressing. I have faith that if we work hard and pray lots we can get back on our feet.

My companion is Elder Horo from Chimbote, the same city in Peru that Elder De Paz is from. He is 25 and a little wierd. I'm not exactly sure how to describe him. He has glasses and is pretty short. He is brown, has black hair, dark brown eyes that are almost black. Haha! I think I just described most of the people living her in Peru, haha!!! He is good though and wants to help me learn lots. He has the same amount of time as me, 5 months, so we are both still learning lots and improving our teaching everyday. The thing that's hard about him is that he treats me like a baby, haha... it's quite annoying. For example, On saturday, I stepped in some dog crap (which is not uncommon because of the quanitity of dog crap here) because I was walking peacfully down the side walk and he suddenly had a change of thought, nudged me and said "Elder, por aqui"(meanining "Elder, come here") and since we are companions, we have to stick together and so I did what he said and stepped off the side walk because he wanted to go another direction and stepped right in a pile. Then, because I obviously "don't know how to scrape dog crap off my shoe" he says "Elder," (ahh that's all he says, haha) "ven aqui esta un cancha de grass." (Elder, come here onto this piece of grass.) So I scrape some crap off on the sidewalk and follow his advice and use the grass. But just as I start using the grass he pointed and said, "Ven por aqui hay mas grass"(There is more grass here) (ahhh haha what do you want from me!?) haha, anyways the thing is is that he always is telling me what to do, how to do it and where to do it just like I'm a 4 year old child.

Haha anyways I like the story of me stepping in crap and I think that if some comidian was standing there watching us, he would have used that in one of his acts. Hey, what's super cool about his area is that there are 4 missionares in this ward and one of them just happens to be Elder NETZLY!! We live together and he is my district leader! It's pretty sweet! His is cool and he is a super good DL. We have the tiniest room haha, it barely fits 2 twin beds and our desks. It's like 10 feet by 8 feet, litterally.

This week is the last week of President Ardilla and we get our new president on Friday. President Boswell! There are going to be some huge changes here in the mission and hopefully for the better!
My new penchtanista is not nearly as cool and loving as my old one. She is not a member, but the worst part is that at night we barely get any dinner and we are dying of hunger. I've been buying lots of fruit after dinner so I don't die of starvation and so that I don't get fat!
Also, we don't have a hot shower here either but it's really not a big deal and I'm pretty well uesed to it after only a week. Oh yeah, and yesterday we went to a members house, (This member has money) and he is a photographer and a videographer and he took some sweet pictures of my companion and I! They are sweet, but I can't send them today...

That's about it for me! Thanks for all your love and support! Love you! Keep working hard! Don't forget to read and pray and pay your tithing and have family home evening, and always talk about the church!
Thanks!
Love You!!
Love Elder Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment